Interior forward beam bulkhead laminations complete

Apparently I forgot to take any pictures of the mold-plate we used around the forward beam bulkhead to form the uni-directional lamination.  It consisted of some very thin wood-laminate from an old cabinet project and on the sharper radius bends towards the bunk-top, some of the black-plastic lawn trim.

We did the uni-directional and inside B-spec cloth last night, followed by some sanding/grinding this morning after removing the mold plates.  The areas right next to the bunk-top are extremely difficult to laminate, but I think it should hold together just fine.

Here’s the bulkhead looking forward with the perimeter laminate curing.  It will get trimmed to 2″ wide once fully cured.

Here is a quick-shot of the rudder-web and stern-deck dry-fit.  Still need to cut out the notch at the scoop for the rudder, then laminate the starboard-side stern deck and rudder web in place.

Finally back to work

Been a while… too long…  For various reasons there was a pause in boat-building, but hopefully now we’re back.

Was a short weekend but got the cockpit panels (wet and dry) laminated and taped in place.  Decided on putting the safety compartment on the port side.

Next steps will be to fair and prime/paint the inside of the cockpit areas while we have access, then make the seat tops and put in place.

The forward beam bulkhead is prepped and ready for the massive perimeter lamination on the inside, so that should be a fun mess.