These pictures are from two weekends ago; everything has been slow going the past 2 months. Dad had some stuff come up that kept him unable to work on the boat for about 6 weeks. We managed to get this “little” bit done, and now I’ve come down with a nasty case of strep throat for the past week that isn’t reacting to antibiotics so I’m going back to the doctor tomorrow. Needless to say, it will probably be at least another week before there’s another update.
Whew… so all that being said, here’s what we did manage to accomplish last time 🙂
Dad built the mold plates for the aft beam mounts and we got everything situated on the port side. Here’s a view from the outside
and here’s what part of the inside looks like
It took me a little longer than I had hoped to get all the fillets cleaned up (some of them are quite thick and you must go a little at a time to avoid kicking it off)
Here are the laminates for the port-aft beam mount
and finally the results after slaving away for quite some time
It actually all went together relatively easily. I will share a piece of advice that might be obvious to most of you, but escaped both of us at the time — laminate the aft side of the mount first! I did the forward side first and found myself having to contort every way possible to laminate the aft side because of the epoxy-goo. Do yourself a favor and do the “hard” side first 😉