Starting on beam mounts

Categories: Main Hull

I didn’t take as many pictures as I would have liked during the process, mostly because it was with my phone (again… sorry… I’ll remember my camera soon!)

Took us a few hours to get the cradles stable and then to level the boat using a series of water-levels (tubes placed at correct points) and then verifying with laser-level.

Once that was done, holes were cut.  Here’s port-aft :

[singlepic id=19 w=320 h=240 mode=watermark float=]

As you can see, we also decided to leave the extra bit above the mount to keep the aft section sturdy, but the blocking at the aft keel is taking all the load still.

Here are two exterior shots of the stbd and port forward mounts :

[singlepic id=18 w=320 h=240 mode=watermark float=]

[singlepic id=20 w=320 h=240 mode=watermark float=]

and last picture is the inside of the forward beam mount bulkhead :

[singlepic id=17 w=320 h=240 mode=watermark float=]

All mounts are solid now with bog (decided to use cotton-fiber with cabosil even though it’s probably over-kill) and will be ready for us to remove the placement jigs, finish bogging and then start the laminating process.